Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Get to Know Miss Lampe

We're excited to have several relatively new staff members at Lucas, and we'll get to know them as the year progresses.  This month, we talked to third grade teacher Jennifer Lampe, who is in her second year as a Mighty Hawk.




The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  Prior to joining us at Lucas, where did you live and what did you do?

Miss Lampe:   Prior to joining Lucas I lived in Gilbert and taught 3rd grade at Gilbert Intermediate.  

The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  What is your favorite part about working at Lucas?

Miss Lampe:  My absolute favorite part about working at Lucas is being with the kids all day.  I love coming to school each morning and can't wait to see the kids when the bell rings.  Lucas students are such amazing kids!

The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  Which teacher from your past made the biggest difference in your life?

Miss Lampe:   My favorite teacher was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Buchanan.  I had her at Stewart's Creek, where I grew up, just north of Dallas, TX.  I remember her always being happy and willing to help.

The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  If you could spend your winter break anywhere in the world (and take your family and dogs with you), where would it be?

Miss Lampe:   If I could spend my winter break anywhere in the world, I would definitely go somewhere tropical. My two golden retrievers love to swim and my entire family loves the beach.

The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  What’s your favorite healthy food?  What’s your favorite treat?

Miss Lampe:   My favorite healthy food would be salads with chicken on them.  I am not a big fan of sweets, but I love salty foods.  My favorite treat is popcorn made on the stove.

The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  What are you most proud of?

Miss Lampe:  I am most proud of all of my years in teaching.  This is my 16th year, and I love it more and more each year.  I have the most rewarding job!

The Mighty Hawk Messenger:  Is there anything else you’d like the Lucas community to know about you?

Miss Lampe:  I love being at Lucas and have felt so welcome here.  It is a great school, with wonderful staff and students.

1 comment: