Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Introducing our new counselor, Ms. Gilmore


Hello Lucas Mighty Hawks! 

My Name is Hallie Gilmore, and I am the new Professional School Counselor at Lucas Elementary. I am beyond excited to start my new role at Lucas in supporting students to succeed and have the best school year possible!

I was born and raised in Iowa City, just down the street from Lucas! I went to Longfellow Elementary and have been working there since last year as a para educator. I graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in Psychology in 2010. In 2016, I graduated from DePaul (where Dr. Jenkins went!) with my degree in Counseling Psychology. I worked at Lucas Elementary two years ago as a Reading Tutor, so I can’t wait to see some familiar faces. One of my passions is listening to
students and helping them be successful not just with academics, but also relationships with peers, and their own mental health. Outside of school I enjoy cooking, golfing, and playing with my cats.

If you would like to contact me, my e-mail address is: gilmore.hallie@iowacityschools.org.  I can’t wait to begin working at Lucas again on November 28th.

Have a great Thanksgiving,
Hallie Gilmore

2 comments: